Spinach and Feta Omelet
Michael Symon's Greek Omelet
- 1/2 tablespoon Olive Oil (plus more to drizzle)
- 1 clove Garlic
- 2 cups Baby Spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh Oregano
- 4 large Eggs
- 1/2 tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 cup Greek Feta (crumbled)
- Salt and freshly ground Pepper
- In a medium sauté pan over medium-high heat, warm the olive oil. Once hot, add the spinach and garlic, cooking until the spinach has wilted then remove to a strainer set over a bowl and press some of the liquid out with the back of a spoon. Set aside.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl with the oregano, and whisk with a fork. Set aside.
- Warm a nonstick pan over medium heat. Add the butter to the pan, and once it foams and subsides, add the egg mixture. Move the outer edges of the eggs inward and cook until just set. Sprinkle the feta on one half along with the spinach mixture then fold the eggs over in half. Seaon with salt and freshly ground pepper. Slide the omelet off on to a plate, drizzle with olive oil and enjoy.
Similar categories: Breakfast & Brunch