Greek Quinoa Salad
Place this healthy Mediterranean grain salad over a bed of lettuce for a light lunch.
- step-by-step directions
Greek Quinoa Salad
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 Garlic clove (smashed and finely chopped to a paste)
- Kosher Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup Quinoa
- Kosher Salt and Pepper
- 2 cups Red and Yellow Grape Tomatoes (halved)
- 1 cup pitted Kalamata Olives
- 2 Green Onions (green and pale green part; thinly sliced)
- 2 Pickled Cherry Peppers (diced)
- 1 small Red Onion (halved and thinly sliced)
- 1/2 English Cucumber (cut into small dice)
- Feta (for sprinkling)
- Whisk together the lemon juice, vinegar, oregano, garlic and some salt and pepper in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in the oil until emulsified. Let sit at room temperature while you prepare the salad to allow the flavors to meld.
- Rinse the quinoa in a strainer until the water runs clear. Combine the quinoa, 2 cups water, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a small saucepan, bring to a boil and cook until the water is absorbed and the quinoa is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer the quinoa to a bowl, fluff with a fork and let sit for 5 minutes to cool slightly. Add the tomatoes, olives, green onions, cherry peppers, red onions, cucumbers and dressing, and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 8 hours before serving. The longer it sits the better the flavor. Just before serving, transfer to a platter and sprinkle feta on top.
Kale Pesto Naan Pizza
Lemon-Sage Compound Butter
Roast Chicken with Lemon-Sage Pan Sauce
Grilled Veggie Burrito with Quinoa
Spinach & Artichoke Puffs
Almond Banana Bread
Carrot Ginger Soup
Shrimp and Plantains in Spicy Tomato Sauce
Energy Date Balls
Leftover Salmon Pumpernickel Toast
Mini Cherry Pies with Red Plum Jam