With tender meat and a hint of spice, this one-pot wonder makes a satisfying and healthy family dinner.
- step-by-step directions
- For the Chili:
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 pounds Boneless Pork Shoulder (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 chopped Onion
- 3 minced Garlic cloves
- 2 Chipotle Chiles (roughly chopped)
- 1/4 cup fine White Corn Meal
- 1 28- ounce can San Marzano Tomatoes (finely chopped with juices)
- 1 15- ounce can Hominy
- 2 cups Hatch Green Chiles (roasted; peeled; chopped)
- 3 chopped Fresh Jalapenos
- 3 cups Chicken Stock
- For the Garnish:
- 1/2 cup Cilantro (leaves picked)
- 1 Lime (cut into wedges)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped White Onion
- 10 Corn Tortillas
- For the Chili: Heat the olive oil in a 4-quart Dutch oven with cover.
- Add the pork in small batches, and season with salt and pepper. Cook until lightly browned, and then remove from the pan.
- Add onion, garlic and chipotle chiles and stir to combine. Add the fine corn meal, and stir for about 1-2 minutes. Once combined, add the tomatoes, hominy, green chiles, and jalapeños, mixing to incorporate the ingredients.
- When combined, add the chicken stock, and then the cooked pork meat. Lower the heat, and cover the pot so that the mixture simmers for about 1 to 1 1/2 hours, until the meat is tender.
- For the Garnish: Garnish with cilantro, lime, and finely chopped white onion. Serve with fresh corn tortillas.
Rock Shrimp and Egg Sandwich
Apple Tarte Tatin
Buttermilk Semifreddo with Candied Peaches
Cast-Iron Blueberry Cobbler
Green Chicken Enchiladas
Savory Breakfast Cauliflower Bake
Sausage Gravy and Bacon Biscuits
Italian Egg Boat
Waffle Pies with Herbed Eggs
Chai Tea Oatmeal