With tender meat and a hint of spice, this one-pot wonder makes a satisfying and healthy family dinner.
- step-by-step directions
- For the Chili:
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 pounds Boneless Pork Shoulder (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 chopped Onion
- 3 minced Garlic cloves
- 2 Chipotle Chiles (roughly chopped)
- 1/4 cup fine White Corn Meal
- 1 28- ounce can San Marzano Tomatoes (finely chopped with juices)
- 1 15- ounce can Hominy
- 2 cups Hatch Green Chiles (roasted; peeled; chopped)
- 3 chopped Fresh Jalapenos
- 3 cups Chicken Stock
- For the Garnish:
- 1/2 cup Cilantro (leaves picked)
- 1 Lime (cut into wedges)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped White Onion
- 10 Corn Tortillas
- For the Chili: Heat the olive oil in a 4-quart Dutch oven with cover.
- Add the pork in small batches, and season with salt and pepper. Cook until lightly browned, and then remove from the pan.
- Add onion, garlic and chipotle chiles and stir to combine. Add the fine corn meal, and stir for about 1-2 minutes. Once combined, add the tomatoes, hominy, green chiles, and jalapeños, mixing to incorporate the ingredients.
- When combined, add the chicken stock, and then the cooked pork meat. Lower the heat, and cover the pot so that the mixture simmers for about 1 to 1 1/2 hours, until the meat is tender.
- For the Garnish: Garnish with cilantro, lime, and finely chopped white onion. Serve with fresh corn tortillas.
Peach Cobbler with Raspberry Coulis
Havarti and Horseradish Stovetop Mac and Cheese
Spicy Honey Dijon Coleslaw
Spice-Rubbed Smoked Chicken
Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken Meatballs
Banana Split Ice Cream Cupcake Bar
T-Bone Steak with Green Bean Salad
Ginger Cinnamon Funnel Cakes
Strawberry Malted Milkshake
Cheddar Pretzel Chicken with Spicy Corn Relish
Mediterranean Stuffed Peppers with Feta Bechamel