Gather up the kids and enjoy this throwback campfire treat!
Grilled Banana Boat
- 1 Banana (split in half lengthwise)
- 1/2 pound Cherries (pitted)
- Juice and zest of 1 Lemon
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch
- 3 tablespoon Sugar
- Vanilla Ice cream
- Chocolate Sauce (to serve)
- Whipped Cream (to serve)
- crushed peanuts (to serve)
- vegetable oil
- Preheat the grill to medium-high.
- In a foil packet, combine the cherries, sugar, lemon juice and zest and cornstarch. Grill until the cherries have broken down and form a sauce, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Brush bananas with vegetable oil and place, skin side down, on the grill for 2 minutes. Remove to plate. Assemble banana split, layering the banana, ice cream, chocolate sauce, whipped cream, nuts, topping with a drizzle of the cherry sauce and a cherry.