Dig into this tasty dish!
Michael Symon's Grilled Capon
- 1 5- pound Whole Capon (cut into 6 pieces)
- Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 40 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Jalapeno (sliced)
- 1 bunch Marjoram
- 1 lemon (juice and zest)
- Preheat the grill to high, reserving a cooler spot for finishing the capon.
- Season the capon on all sides with salt and pepper. Brush the grill with some extra virgin olive oil. Grill the pieces of capon, skin side down to start. Grill for 5 to 10 minutes, then flip. Cook another 5 minutes, and then move the pieces of Capon to the cooler part of the grill and close the lid. Cook for 15 minutes, or until the internal temperature reads 155F degrees when measured with a meat thermometer.
- In a large saucepot, cover the 40 cloves of garlic with a 1/2-inch of extra virgin olive oil. Add the jalapeno and steep over low heat for 30 minutes while the capon cooks.
- Transfer the garlic sauce to a food processor. Add marjoram and lemon juice and zest and pulse until pureed into a sauce.
- Serve capon along with garlic sauce and an extra squeeze of lemon juice over the top.