Sandwiches are a perfect food for a meal at home or on the go, and this Mario Batali classic is no exception. Want to make it extra special? Try it with this Avocado Creme Brulee.
Grilled Chicken Club
- 5 Skin-on Chicken Thighs (pounded thin)
- Olive Oil (to brush grill)
- 10 slices Cooked Bacon
- 1 Avocado (sliced)
- 5 Kaiser Rolls (split)
- 2 Cups Arugula
- Jalapeno Aioli:
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 1 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Jalapeno (seeded/deveined/minced very finely)
- Juice and zest of 1 Lime
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Preheat a grill or grillpan to medium high heat.
- Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Brush grill with olive oil, and place chicken thighs, skin-side down on the grill. Grill for 3 to 4 minutes, or until skin releases easily and flip and cook another 3 to 4 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- To make the aioli, vigorously whisk together ingredients until an emulsion is formed. Yields about a cup.
- Spread aioli on the cut side of the top half of the kaiser roll. Stack the chicken, avocado, bacon, and arugula on the bottom half of the roll, and then sandwich with the top.