Don't know what you make for dinner? Michael's got a light and healthy option that's fast and easy!
Grilled Chicken Paillard
- 4 Boneless and skinless Chicken Breasts
For the Marinade/Vinaigrette:
- 2 cloves Garlic (sliced)
- 1/2 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 3 tablespoon Fresh Oregano (chopped)
- 1 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- salt and pepper
- For the Salad:
- 1 Cucumber (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 Red Onion (sliced)
- 8 ounce Feta (crumbled)
- 1/4 cup Mint, torn
- 1/2 cup Olives
- 1 heart Romaine (shaved)
- For the Marinade/Vinaigrette: In a bowl, combine the garlic, red wine vinegar, fresh oregano, a pinch of salt and pepper, and combine. Add the extra virgin olive oil in a steady stream, whisking to emulsify.
- Using a mallet and a piece of plastic wrap, pound the chicken breasts until about 1/2-inch thick.
- Place chicken into a bowl, and pour half of the vinaigrette over the chicken, reserving the rest of the vinaigrette to dress the salad. Toss the chicken to coat, cover the bowl, and let it marinate for at least a half hour. Discard any remaining marinade after chicken is removed.
- Bring a grill or grillpan to medium-high heat. Arrange the chicken on the grillpan, cooking for about 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until juices run clear when pricked with a fork.
- For the Salad: Meanwhile, toss together the cucumber, red onion, feta, mint, olives and shaved romaine. Add the remaining vinaigrette and toss to coat. Check seasonings and adjust if necessary.
- Place the chicken on each of the plates and top with a generous amount of the salad to serve.