Don't know what to make for dinner? Try this new twist on an old French dish!
Grilled Chicken with Ratatouille
- 1 pound Chicken Legs and Thighs
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil (divided)
- Freshly Ground Pepper
- 2 Red Bell Peppers (sliced)
- 2 Red Onions (sliced)
- 2 Zucchini (sliced)
- 1 medium Eggplant (sliced)
- 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Capers
- 1 cup Basil (plus extra for garnish)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- Preheat a grill or grillpan to medium high.
- Brush grill with olive oil.
- Season the chicken on all sides with salt and pepper. Grill chicken for 5 to 6 minutes per side, until juices run clear when pricked by a fork.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and garlic.
- Toss vegetables bowl and season with salt and pepper. Reserve vinaigrette after removing vegetables for grilling.
- While chicken is resting, arrange the vegetables on the grill, being mindful not to crowd. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side, until softened.
- Add basil and capers to remaining vinaigrette and whisk. Transfer vegetables to the bowl with the vinaigrette. Toss to coat and season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Garnish with extra basil.
- Serve chicken over grilled vegetable ratatouille.
Similar categories: Ingredients Chicken & Poultry Courses & Meals Dinner Chicken Techniques BBQ & Grilling Grilled Chicken