Get dinner done in no time!
Michael Symon's Grilled Chicken with Salsa Verde and Radish Salad
- For the Chicken:
- 1 Chicken (split in half)
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
- For the Salsa Verde and Radish Salad:
- 1/4 cup Thinly Sliced Fresh Flat-Leaf Parsley
- 2 tablespoons Thinly Sliced Fresh Mint
- 2 Salt-Packed Anchovies fillets (rinsed and minced)
- 1 clove Garlic (minced)
- 1 Shallot (minced)
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons Salt-packed Capers (rinsed and chopped)
- 1 radish (thinly sliced)
- 1 Jalapeno (seeded and minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 English Cucumber (peeled and thinly sliced)
- 1/2 Papaya (peeled and thinly sliced)
- 1/4 cup Mint (leaves only - torn)
- For the Chicken: Preheat grill or grillpan to medium-high heat. Leave one side cooler than the hot side.
- Drizzle the chicken with olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Place the chicken halves on the grill, skin side down and weigh down with a brick. Sear and flip over, then place brick back on top of the chicken. Once seared on both sides, transfer to a cooler part of the grill to finish cooking through to an internal temperature of 155F or until juices run clear when pricked with a fork, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- For the Salsa Verde and Radish Salad: Combine the parsley, mint, anchovies, garlic, shallot, lemon zest and juice, capers, jalapeno, red pepper flakes, and olive oil in a bowl and stir to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine the cucumber, radish, papaya, and mint in a bowl, and toss with the salsa verde.
- Serve chicken with salsa verde and radish salad.