Eat this soup and feel good!
Daphne Oz's Grilled Corn Soup with Basil and Feta
- 4 Ears Corn (shucked)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1/2 head Garlic (skin on)
- 1/2 Onion (chopped)
- 1 quart Water
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup Feta (crumbled)
- Basil (leaves only - chiffonade)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 carrots
- Preheat oven to 400F. Wrap the garlic in aluminum foil, drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and roast for 20 minutes.
- Preheat a grill or grillpan to medium high. Brush with extra virgin olive oil. Grill the corn, seasoning with salt and pepper, until charred in places, about 10 minutes, rotating through the cooking process. Cut the kernels from the cob, and place the cobs into a pot, and top with the water. Add the chopped onion, carrots, and 2 whole garlic cloves, a pinch of salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer. After 15 minutes, strain. Add the charred corn, roasted garlic, Greek yogurt, to a blender with 1 to 2 cups of the corn stock and blend until completely pureed. Add a little more of the corn stock to loosen the soup, if necessary. Check seasonings and adjust if necessary.
- Pour the puree into serving bowls and top with crumbled feta, and garnish with basil.
- Note: Corn stock with last 3-5 days in the refrigerator and up to 6 months in the freezer.