Lemony Chicken Wings
Michael Symon's Grilled Lemon Oregano Chicken Wings
- 3 pounds Chicken Wings (split; tips attached)
- 2 Lemons (zested and halved)
- 2 tablespoons fresh Oregano leaves (torn)
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
For the Marinade:
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Lemons (zest)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (crushed)
- 3 tablespoons Honey
- 1 tablespoon Kosher Salt
- For the Marinade: A day ahead of time, combine all of the marinade ingredients and add the chicken wings. Toss to coat the wings evenly and place in a gallon sized bag. Refrigerate.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Preheat your grill to medium high heat.
- Spread the wings out on a baking tray, with any liquid remaining from the marinade, and bake for 25 to 30 minutes until just about cooked through. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly then remove to a sheet tray and pat dry.
- Drizzle the wings with 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and add the picked oregano. Toss to evenly coat all of the wings.
- Place the wings on the grill for 2 to 3 minutes per side, until they are heavily grill marked. While the wings are grilling, place the 4 lemon halves on the grill as well. Let them grill without moving them until they are warmed and nicely grill marked.
- Remove the wings to a platter and serve with the grilled lemon halves, squeezing the juice over the top at the last second.