The sweet watermelon is a great compliment to the savory chicken. Try it for yourself.
Grilled Marinated Chicken Breasts with Watermelon Feta Salad
- For the Chicken:
- 6 bone-in (skin-on Chicken Breast Halves)
- Kosher Salt
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt
- Grated Zest and Juice of 1 Orange
- 1 tablespoon Coriander Seeds (toasted and ground)
- 2 teaspoons Cumin Seeds (toasted and ground)
- 2 teaspoons Chipotle Powder
For the Watermelon Feta Salad:
- 1/2 Small to Medium Seedless Watermelon (cubed)
- 1 cup Feta (crumbled)
- 1/4 cup Mint Leaves (torn)
- 3 Scallions (sliced)
- 1 clove garlic (grated or finely minced)
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- pepper (to taste)
- 3 tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- For the Chicken: Rinse the chicken under cold water and pat dry. Season the breasts liberally with salt. In a gallon-sized zip-top bag, combine the yogurt, orange zest and juice, salt, coriander, cumin, and chipotle. Add the chicken, turn to coat, and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours.
- Let the chicken come to room temperature for 30 minutes before grilling.
- Meanwhile, heat a charcoal or gas grill to medium.
- Remove the chicken from the bag, wiping off and discarding any excess marinade. Put the chicken on the grill skin-side-down and cover with the lid. Grill for 7 to 8 minutes, open the lid, and flip the bird. Put the lid back on and grill for 10 to 12 minutes, until the chicken reaches an internal temp of 160F.
- Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- For the Watermelon Feta Salad: Combine watermelon, mint, feta, garlic and scallions in a bowl. Whisk together the red wine vinegar and olive oil. Pour over salad, season with pepper and toss to coat.
- Plate chicken with a side of watermelon feta salad and finsih with a drizzle of olive oil for garnish.