Your favorite lunch item made into a dessert sandwich! Try it for yourself.
Grilled Pineapple Upside Down Sandwich
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Pineapple Juice
- 1 cup Mascarpone Cheese
- 1 fresh Pineapple (peeled and cored and sliced)
- 10 slices Pound Cake or Challah Bread
- Cherries (To Skewer)
- Combine butter, brown sugar and pineapple juice in a pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for 2 minutes. Reserve half for brushing on fresh pineapple. Mix the other half into mascarpone cheese.
- Heat grill to medium heat. Place pineapple rings on grill. Grill both sides for 1 minute each or until warmed through, then brush with brown sugar mixture. Grill quickly on each side. Clean grill, then quickly grill cake. Brush each piece with sweetened mascarpone and place grilled pineapple in the middle.
- Top with a cherry skewer to serve.