Daphne Oz's Grilled Pizza on Pita Bread
- 4 Whole Wheat Pitas (4-6 inches in diameter; pocketless works best)
- 3/4 cup Tomato Sauce
- 1 cup shredded low-moisture Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- Fresh Oregano
- Grill pitas on both sides (about 3 minutes per side) and remove from grill.
- Spread 2 or 3 spoons of tomato sauce on each pita, leaving a 1/2-inch rim around the edge. Top each pita with 1/4 cup mozzarella. Place on grill and cover with a metal bowl to make the cheese melt faster (about 2 to 3 minutes).
- Remove pizza from grill. Drizzle with olive oil, then top with fresh oregano.
Similar categories: Dinner