Fire up your grill for this tasty treat!
Clinton and Carla's Grilled Pizza
- 1 ball store bought pizza dough
- 1/2 cup olive oil
For Clinton's Version:
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 pound prosciutto
- 2 cups arugula
- 1/2 cup fresh ricotta
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella ball (sliced)
For Carla's Version:
- 1 zucchini (sliced into thin coins)
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 1 bunch dill
- 1 lemon (juice and zest)
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes (halved)
- bench flour for dusting the table
- 1 clove garlic
- salt and pepper
- Heat your grill/grill pan to high heat.
- Using your hands, or a rolling pin, stretch pizza dough into a round about a 1/4 inch thick, making sure there is no lip, and the dough is evenly flat.
- Oil your grill pan, and brush the top of your pizza liberally with oil. Place the dough--oil side down--on the grill pan, and let it cook until it begins to crisp and char, 6-7 minutes. Flip the dough, and begin topping the char side. Reduce heat to medium-high, or move off the flame while topping with desired toppings.
- For Clinton's Version: Rub the crust with the garlic, and then top with mozzarella and ricotta. Bake for 5 minutes at 350F, or until cheese melts. Remove pizza from oven and top with prosciutto and arugula.
- For Carla's Version: Sprinkle the crust with feta, and top with zucchini, garlic, lemon juice and zest, salt, and cherry tomatoes. Bake at 350F for 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Remove pizza from oven and top with fresh dill.