In a word - yum!
Mario Batali's Grilled Pizza with Shaved Zucchini Salad
- 1 recipe Pizza Dough
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
- 3 Zucchini (thinly shaved)
- 1/4 cup Pecorino Sardo (grated)
- 1/4 cup Mint (leaves only - torn)
- 1 Jalapeno (thinly sliced)
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- Preheat oven to 450F. Heat your grill/grill pan to high heat.
- Using your hands, or a rolling pin, stretch pizza dough into a round about a 1/4 inch thick, making sure there is no lip, and the dough is evenly flat.
- Oil your grill pan, and brush the top of your pizza liberally with oil. Place the dough--oil side down--on the grill pan, and let it cook until it begins to crisp and char, 6-7 minutes. Flip the dough, and begin topping the char side.
- On medium-high, or move off the flame while topping with the pecorino sardo.
- In a medium bowl, toss together the remaining zucchini, jalapeno, and mint. Squeeze the lemon juice over the mixture and drizzle with olive oil. Toss to coat, and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Top the pizza with the raw salad, and slice and serve hot.