Mario Batali's Grilled Pork Sausage Sandwiches
Homemade Sausage Patties
Grilled Pork Sausage Sandwich Recipe: Serve homemade sausage patties on a soft roll and top with spicy ajvar spread.
- 4 pounds Ground Pork Shoulder
- 2 tablespoons Fennel Seeds (Toasted)
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Dill (Roughly Chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Coriander (Toasted and Ground)
- 1 tablespoon Kosher Salt
- 2 teaspoons Freshly Ground Cinnamon
- To Serve:
- Kaiser Rolls
- Ajvar Spread (Red Pepper Spread)
- Pickled Red Cabbage
David Boreanaz Gets Cooking - 1
4 pounds Ground Pork Shoulder
2 tablespoons Fennel Seeds (Toasted)
2 tablespoons Fresh Dill (Roughly Chopped)
1 tablespoon Coriander (Toasted and Ground)
1 tablespoon Kosher Salt
2 teaspoons Freshly Ground Cinnamon
In a large bowl, stir together the sausage ingredients making sure not to over work the mixture. Shape into 6 ounce patties, dimpled in the center.
Heat a grill, making sure to clean and oil the grates. Lightly oil the patties and place onto the hot grill. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until cooked through.
Ajvar Spread (Red Pepper Spread)
Pickled Red Cabbage
To Serve: Remove patties from grill and plate on kaiser rolls and serve with ajvar spread, pickled red cabbage, and mustard.
1. When making your own sausage, season the meat aggressively.