The classic club sandwich gets a lift from fresh salmon, turkey bacon, and chipotle aioli.
Grilled Salmon Club Sandwich
- For the Salmon:
- 1/2 Side of Salmon (skin removed)
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 8 slices Turkey Bacon or regular Bacon
- 2 Tomatoes (sliced)
- 8 Lettuce leaves (shredded)
- Dill Pickles (sliced; to taste)
- 1 Brioche Loaf (sliced into 1/2-inch thick slices)
- For the Chipotle Aioli:
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Chipotle in Adobo Sauce
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- For the Salmon: If working with a large piece of salmon, halve lengthwise. Orient salmon in front of you so that the thinner end is on the side of your cutting hand. Using a filet knife, cut the salmon on an extreme bias creating a square filet. (You should end up with pieces that mimic the shape of a slice of bread.)
- Heat a grill pan over medium high heat. Drizzle your fillets with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Grill fish until just opaque in the center, about 3 minutes per side. Remove fish and set aside.
- Cook bacon on a griddle over medium heat until crisp. Remove with tongs onto a paper towel lined plate. Griddle the brioche once the bacon is cooked.
- For the Chipotle Aioli: Whisk together the mayonnaise and chipotle in adobo sauce. Season the aioli with salt and pepper then refrigerate until ready to use.
- To assemble sandwich, spread aioli on one side of bread. Top with lettuce, two slices of tomato, bacon and fish. Finish with another piece of toast and slice into four triangles. Repeat assembly process to make 3 more sandwiches.