Simple, quick and delicious!
Michael Symon's Grilled Sausage and Vegetables
- For the Sausage:
- 1 1/2 pounds of Your Favorite Sausages (Such as Sweet Italian or Spicy Italian or Kielbasa)
- Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
For the Grilled Salad:
- 2 Zucchini (sliced)
- 1 Yellow Squash (sliced)
- 2 Heirloom Tomatoes (sliced)
- 1 Eggplant (sliced)
- 1 bunch Basil (torn)
- 1/2 day old baguette (cut lengthwise)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons White balsamic or regular balsamic vinegar
- Preheat a grill or grillpan to medium high.
- Brush grill with olive oil, and then grill the sausages until charred and cooked through, about 10 minutes, rotating throughout the cook time.
- Toss the zucchini, yellow squash, tomatoes, and eggplant in a large bowl with extra virgin olive oil, a pinch of salt, and a few cracks of pepper. Arrange the vegetables on the grill, and grill for 4 minutes per side, until they are softened and slightly charred.
- Brush the baguette sides with olive oil and a pinch of salt. Toast on grill and then cut into cubes.
- In a small bowl whisk together olive oil, balsamic and season with salt and pepper. Toss grilled vegetables and bread with dressing. Fold in torn basil leaves. Serve vegetable salad along with sausages.