Are you looking for something special you can make for you mom this holiday? This dish is just the thing.
Grilled Shrimp with Grapefruit Salad
- For the Shrimp:
- 12 Shell-on Jumbo Shrimp
- Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
- Olive Oil
- For the Salad:
- 1/2 cup Bulgur Wheat
- 2 cups Water
- 3 Lemons (juice and zest)
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 cups Chopped Flat-Leaf Parsley
- 1/4 cup Chopped Green Onion
- 1/2 cup Chopped Mint Leaves
- 3 Grapefruit (segmented and cut into thirds)
- For the Salad: Bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Add the bulgur and cook until the bulgur has absorbed all the water and is slightly tender, about 12 minutes. Season with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice and zest and olive oil. In a large salad bowl, combine the parsley, green onions, mint and grapefruit. Add the bulgur, pour the dressing over the salad, and toss to combine. Taste and adjust for seasoning. You might need to add more salt or olive oil. If you need more olive oil, add it one tablespoon at a time. Set tabbouleh aside.
- In a medium bowl, toss the shrimp lightly with olive oil and salt and freshly ground pepper.
- For the Shrimp: Preheat a grillpan to medium-high heat. Grill the shrimp for 3-4 minutes per side, until shrimp are pink and cooked through. Divide the tabbouleh into four servings, and place 3 shrimp on each of the salads to serve.