This steak not only tastes great - thanks in part to the cauliflower hash - but you can make it in five minutes!
Grilled Skirt Steak with Cauliflower Hash
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil (plus more to brush grill)
- 1 1 .5-2 lb Skirt Steak
- Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
- Cauliflower Hash:
- 1/2 Onion (diced)
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 Lb New Potatoes (sliced into 1/2-inch thick coins)
- 1/2 head Cauliflower (chopped into florets)
- 1 Teaspoon Red Chile Flake
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Rosemary (leaves only/chopped)
- 2 Tablespoons Parsley (leaves only/chopped)
- 1 bunch Kale (de-stemmed/cut into ribbons)
- 2 cloves Garlic (sliced)
- 3 Tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- Blanch the potatoes in a pot of boiling water for 3-4 minutes. Strain and set aside.
- Preheat a grill or grillpan to medium-high heat.
- Season the steak generously with salt and pepper. Brush grill with olive oil. Grill steak for 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium.
- In a large skillet or saute pan, heat 2 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil. Add the onion, and potatoes in a single even layer. Cook until the potatoes have crisped, and then flip to crisp on other side. Add the cauliflower and cook, tossing to coat and soften the cauliflower. Add the kale and garlic and toss so the kale begins to wilt. Add the red chile flakes, rosemary, and parsley. Stir everything to mix, and once fully mixed, finish the dish with red wine vinegar and a drizzle of olive oil and transfer to platter to serve.