Michael Symon's Guacamole Bar
- For the Guacamole Base:
- 3 Ripe Avocados (pit removed and scooped into a bowl)
- 1/2 small Red Onion (minced)
- 1 small Jalapeno (seeds and rib removed; minced)
- Salt to taste
- 1 1/2 - 2 tablespoons fresh Lime juice
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped Cilantro
For the Bacon and Blue Cheese:
- 1/2 cup crumbled Blue Cheese
- 1/2 pound sliced Bacon
For the Crab:
- 3/4 cup Lump Crab Meat
For the Goat Cheese and Mint:
- 1/4 cup Goat Cheese (4-ounce log)
- 1/4 cup Mint (chiffonade)
- For the Guacamole Base: In a medium mixing bowl, combine all ingredients, mashing the avocados as you go. You are looking to achieve a relatively smooth consistency with small lumps of avocado. Check the seasoning, adding more salt or lime juice if needed.
- For the Bacon and Blue Cheese: Preheat your oven to 400F. Lay the bacon out on a sheet tray in a single layer and cook for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the bacon is crispy and golden brown. Remove it to a paper towel to blot some of the fat off. Next, crumble it into the guacamole, adding the blue cheese as well. Give it a taste and add more blue cheese if desired.
- For the Crab: Fold in the crab gently then check for seasoning, adding more lime juice or cilantro if needed.
- For the Goat Cheese and Mint: Crumble the goat cheese into the guacamole and fold it in along with the mint.
Similar categories: Appetizers, Starters & Snacks