Dig into these delicious dishes.
- step-by-step directions
For the Brownies:
- 8 ounces unsalted butter
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 4 extra large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large Halloween chocolate bars of your choice (frozen)
- For the Ganache:
- 9 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 cup toasted and chopped peanuts
- For the Brownies: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pulse the frozen candy bars in a food processor.
- Melt together the butter and the chocolate chips in a medium bowl over simmering water. Allow to cool slightly. In a large bowl, stir (do not beat) together the eggs, vanilla, and sugar. Stir the warm chocolate mixture into the egg mixture and allow to cool to room temperature.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 1 cup of flour and salt. Add to the cooled chocolate mixture. Pour half the batter into a greased 9x9 baking dish, sprinkle the chopped candy bar on top, then pour over the remaining batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Rotate. Bake for about 5-10 minutes more, or until the brownies begin to pull away from the sides of the baking dish. Do not over bake!
- For the Ganache: Meanwhile, make the ganache.
- Over a double boiler, melt the chocolate and then stir in the heavy cream. Stir in the salt.
- Pour over the brownies and then top with the chopped peanuts.
- Allow to cool thoroughly, refrigerate, and cut.
Similar categories: Ingredients Chocolate Cookies & Brownies Desserts Courses & Meals Holidays & Occasions Halloween
rate this recipe
Cannelloni al Forno
Skordalia and Roasted Beets
Rock Shrimp and Egg Sandwich
Apple Tarte Tatin
Buttermilk Semifreddo with Candied Peaches
Cast-Iron Blueberry Cobbler
Green Chicken Enchiladas
Savory Breakfast Cauliflower Bake
Sausage Gravy and Bacon Biscuits
Waffle Pies with Herbed Eggs