Dig into these delicious dishes.
- step-by-step directions
For the Brownies:
- 8 ounces unsalted butter
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 4 extra large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large Halloween chocolate bars of your choice (frozen)
- For the Ganache:
- 9 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 cup toasted and chopped peanuts
- For the Brownies: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pulse the frozen candy bars in a food processor.
- Melt together the butter and the chocolate chips in a medium bowl over simmering water. Allow to cool slightly. In a large bowl, stir (do not beat) together the eggs, vanilla, and sugar. Stir the warm chocolate mixture into the egg mixture and allow to cool to room temperature.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 1 cup of flour and salt. Add to the cooled chocolate mixture. Pour half the batter into a greased 9x9 baking dish, sprinkle the chopped candy bar on top, then pour over the remaining batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Rotate. Bake for about 5-10 minutes more, or until the brownies begin to pull away from the sides of the baking dish. Do not over bake!
- For the Ganache: Meanwhile, make the ganache.
- Over a double boiler, melt the chocolate and then stir in the heavy cream. Stir in the salt.
- Pour over the brownies and then top with the chopped peanuts.
- Allow to cool thoroughly, refrigerate, and cut.
Similar categories: Ingredients Chocolate Cookies & Brownies Desserts Courses & Meals Holidays & Occasions Halloween
Chicken Kabobs with Greek Village Salad
Grilled Grouper with Key Lime Mango Salsa
Leftover Meat 'n' Potato Ravioli
Spicy Roasted Head of Cauliflower
Grilled Shrimp with Bacon Jam
Tropical Grilled Shrimp Salad
Capri-Style Vegetable Salad
Grilled Calamari Chopped Salad with Chickpeas, Olives & Salami