This fun treat isn't just for kids, its great for adults too!
Halloween Marshmallow Treats
- 12 cups puffed rice (divided)
- 4 tablespoons butter (divided)
- 2 bags mini marshmallows (10 oz)
- orange and black food coloring
- cooking spray
- sprinkles and melted chocolate plus chocolate chips for decorating
- Prepare two baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Melt half the butter and one bag of marshmallows in a heavy bottomed pot. Add orange food coloring to the melted marshmallows and stir to combine.
- Add 6 cups of the puffed rice cereal to the mixture and stir to evenly coat.
- On a prepared baking sheet pour out the contents of the pot. Grease a spatula to help spread the cereal in an even layer.
- Repeat the entire process and switch to black food coloring.
- Once the treats have cooled, use cookie cutters to press out Halloween shapes. Take three cut-outs of the same shape and press them together.