This easy treat is great for a snack or even meal. Try it for yourself.
Ham and Cheese Squares
- 1 teaspoon Vegetable Oil
- 2 cups Colby and Monterey jack cheese (shredded and divided)
- 1 package of frozen toaster hash brown patties (thawed)
- 8 ounce cream cheese (softened)
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon course ground black pepper
- 8 ounces thick sliced deli ham (coarsely chopped)
- 1 cup green onions with tops (divided)
- 3 plum tomatoes (sliced in half lengthwise and remove seeds and dice)
- Preheat oven 450. Spray a pan lightly with vegetable oil spray.
- Crumble hash browns over bar pan and press gently into an even layer.
- Sprinkle half the cheese over hash browns. Bake at 450 for 13-15 mins. until crust start to brown and cheese is melted.
- Whisk softened cream cheese until smooth, gradually add eggs and black pepper.
- Saute the ham and ¾ cups of green onion over medium heat until hot. Stir ham mixture into egg mixture.
- When hash browns are brown remove from oven and pour egg mixture over crust. Return to oven and cook 6-8 mins. or until center is set. Remove form oven: top with remaining cheese, tomatoes and reserved green onion. Sprinkle with black pepper, if desired. Cut into squares and serve.
Similar categories: Courses & Meals Lunch Sandwiches Appetizers, Starters & Snacks Other Side Dishes