Just because you're grown up doesn't mean you can't have fun with your food.
Steak on a Stick
- 1 1/2- pound strip or flank steak
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chile flakes
- Salt to taste
- 2 sprigs marjoram (leaves only)
- 4 cloves garlic (sliced)
- Cut steak diagonally into ¼ in slices slices.
- In mortar and pestle or food processor combine the coriander, garlic, marjoram, olive oil, chile flakes and salt. Pour marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 4 hours to overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Thread beef ribbon-style on 12 metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- Grill beef, covered, over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness. Finish with lemon zest and a pinch of salt to serve.