Roble Ali's Hawaiian Pork Tenderloin Sliders
- 1 pound Pork Tenderloin
- 1 cup Cola
- 1/2 cup Soy Sauce
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Thai Chili Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1 Mango
- 1 bunch Cilantro
- 1 bunch Scallions
- 8 Hawaiian Bread Slider Buns
- Vegetable Oil
- Salt and freshly ground Pepper
- Preheat grill or grillpan to medium-high. Put the cola, soy sauce, chili sauce and garlic into a blender. Blend until the garlic is puréed into the liquid. Put the tenderloin and the pureed liquid into a plastic bag, removing all the air, and seal. Let the pork marinate for at least two hours in the refrigerator.
- While your pork is marinating, drizzle scallions with oil, then season with salt and pepper. Lightly grill them and then let them cool. Peel your mango and slice it into spears. Drizzle mango with oil, season with salt and pepper and grill until marks form.
- Take your pork out of the marinade and reserve the liquid. Pat your pork dry with a paper towel, then brush the pork with oil. Sear the pork on a grill or in a grill pan until caramelized, then transfer to oven and continue cooking in a 350º oven until the internal temperature reaches 140°.
- In a sauce pan, whisk 2 tablespoons of cornstarch into the marinade liquid and then bring it up to a boil, cooking until thickened.
- After your pork has been cooked and rested, slice it and assemble your sandwiches with the sauce, grilled scallions, fresh cilantro, grilled mango and pork on slider sized Hawaiian bread buns.