The perfect seasonal tart!
Michael Symon's Heirloom Tomato and Ricotta Tart
- 1 Pastry Dough (or your favorite store-bought)
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 pound Heirloom Tomatoes (sliced)
- 1/2 bunch Thyme (leaves only)
- 2 Garlic cloves(sliced)
- Cracked Black Pepper
- 8 ounces Ricotta
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Press pastry dough into tart shell and dock the dough by pricking all over the bottom. Blind bake 15 minutes, remove and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, thyme, garlic, a few cracks of black pepper, and a large pinch of salt and toss to coat. Arrange the tomatoes on a baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Arrange the tomatoes in the blind baked tart shell. Top with spoonfuls of ricotta, drizzle with olive oil, and bake for 15 minutes. Allow to cool before serving.