Perfect for family breakfast or brunch!
Michael Symon's Herb Omelette
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1 tablepsoon Cream
- Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Tarragon (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Chives (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Parsley (finely chopped)
- 3 tablespoons Gruyere/Cheddar/or Goat Cheese (grated or crumbled)
- Beat the eggs with the cream. Add desired herbs to taste.
- Heat a small omelet pan over medium-high heat. Add the butter. Once it has foamed and subsided, slowly add the eggs. Shake the pan gently, if necessary, to spread the eggs evenly in the pan. Once they have set, about 30 seconds, use a spatula to gently lift the edges to allow the remaining egg liquid to flow underneath to cook. Season eggs with salt and pepper. Once the eggs have set but the top is still slightly runny, add the cheese. Cook a few seconds longer, then fold over about a third of the eggs.
- Slide the omelet out of pan, unflipped side first. Fold the rest over as you plate, so that it sits on the plate folded under. Serve.