Stuffing with Sausage, Mushrooms, and Ranch
Carla Hall's Hidden Valley Stuffing Muffins
- Olive Oil
- 1/2 pounds Sweet Italian Sausage (removed from casings)
- 4 cups Country Bread (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 cup Carrot (very small dice)
- 1 cup Celery Ribs (very small dice)
- 1 cup Yellow Onion (very small dice)
- 1/2 cup Mushrooms (very small dice)
- 1 cup Chicken Stock
- 1/4 cup Whole Milk
- 2 Eggs (beaten)
- 3 tablespoons Fresh Parsley (very finely chopped)
- 1 envelope Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning Mix
- Salt and Freshly Cracked Pepper
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 350F. In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, heat a tablespoon of olive oil and cook the sausage. Once fat has rendered and the meat has crisped, remove with a slotted spoon to a large bowl. Add the bread to the bowl and toss.
- Drain the fat but do not wipe clean. Add butter to the pan, and once melted, add the carrot, celery onion, and mushrooms. Season with salt and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes. Transfer to the bowl with the sausage and bread.
- Add the chicken stock, milk, eggs, parsley, Hidden Valley The Original Ranch Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix, and a large pinch of salt and a few cracks of pepper. Toss everything to combine.
- Lightly spray the muffin tins with nonstick cooking spray. Spoon half of the mixture into the muffin tins and then press to compress the mixture into the tins. Top with the remaining mixture. Cover lightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 10 minutes, covered, and then remove the aluminum foil. Cook an additional 5 to 10 minutes, until lightly browned and crisped on top. Cool slightly before serving.