- step-by-step directions
- 1 pound Granny Smith Apples
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 lemon (zest and juice)
- Cut the apples into quarters (do not peel or core them as most of the pectin is stored here). Put the apples in a large pot and add the vinegar and water. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Cover with a lid. Cook for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and then put the apples through a ricer.
- Add the apple puree to a heavy bottomed pot and add the sugar, salt, cinnamon, allspice and lemon juice and zest. Cook over low heat until thick and smooth (about an hour). Stir frequently to prevent the apple puree from sticking.
- Use within the first 3-4 days after making, or store in the freezer.
Shoestring Fries with Garlic and Rosemary
Mexican Chocolate Sweet Potato Milkshake
Latin Turkey Burger with Raclette Cheese
Cream Cheese-Stuffed Sweet Buns
Pork Burgers with Grilled Peaches, Bacon & Blue Cheese
Cracklin' Mozzarella Sticks with Tomato Basil Salad
Peach Cobbler with Raspberry Coulis
Havarti and Horseradish Stovetop Mac and Cheese
Spicy Honey Dijon Coleslaw