Chanukah is all about tradition, but your potato pancakes don't have to be. Try something new this year with Mario's celery root cakes.
- step-by-step directions
- 1/2 pound celeriac (peeled and grated)
- 2 pounds Russet potatoes (peeled and grated)
- 1/2 cup grated white onion
- 2 egg whites
- 6 tablespoons olive oil (to fry)
- 2 Granny Smith apples (thinlysliced)
- 2 teaspoons celery seed
- 3 tablespoons mascarpone cheese (to serve)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Mix together the celeriac, potato, onion and egg whites. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a saute pan over medium high heat, add about 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Scoop about 2 tablespoons of mixture and flatten into a pancake (about 3 inches in diameter) in the pan. Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Work in batches, adding more oil to the pan when necessary.
- In another pan over medium high heat, add another 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Once hot, toss in the apples, season with the celery seed, salt and pepper. Toss to coat in oil and let sit in the pan. Let caramelize slightly. Only cook for 2-3 minutes, so there is still a bite to the apples.
- Top each latke with a bit of the sauteed apples and a dollop of mascarpone.
Chicken Kabobs with Greek Village Salad
Grilled Grouper with Key Lime Mango Salsa
Leftover Meat 'n' Potato Ravioli
Spicy Roasted Head of Cauliflower
Grilled Shrimp with Bacon Jam
Tropical Grilled Shrimp Salad
Capri-Style Vegetable Salad
Grilled Calamari Chopped Salad with Chickpeas, Olives & Salami