Brown Butter Bussels Sprouts
Curtis Stone's Brown Butter, Thyme and Honey Caramelized Brussels Sprouts
- 2 pounds fresh Brussels Sprouts
- 4 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh Thyme Leaves
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the sprouts in batches until bright green, about 3-5 minutes per batch. Drain the Brussels sprouts and transfer them to a large bowl of ice water. When cool, remove the sprouts from the cold water, drain well, and cut them in half lengthwise.
- Working in two batches, melt half the butter in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat until it is golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Add the sprouts and increase the heat to high. Sauté until the Brussels sprouts are golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add thyme and honey, and mix well. Season to taste with salt.
- Transfer to a platter, cover with foil and repeat with remaining Brussels sprouts. Spoon the Brussels sprouts onto a large serving platter and serve immediately.