A tasty winter delight.
Roasted Butternut Squash and Apples
- 1 3- pound butternut squash (peeled and cut into chunks)
- 2 pounds firm apples (peeled and cored and cut into chunks)
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil or rice bran oil
- 1 cup Grade-A maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger (minced)
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice (plus zest)
- 1 Teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Heat sheet pans in oven for 5 minutes. Toss butternut squash in 1-2 tablespoons olive oil, then spread in one layer on hot sheet pan. On a separate sheet pan, repeat process with apples. Place pans in oven and cook until apples and squash are slightly brown and tender, about 20 - 30 minutes. Turn once.
- Meanwhile, in a small pot combine maple syrup, ginger, lime juice, cinnamon and a pinch of salt. Heat until just boiling, then remove from heat. Place butternut squash and apples in an oven-proof serving dish and drizzle maple mixture over. Reheat in oven just before serving.