Satisfy a chocolate craving which this microwavable cake, which is ready to eat in less than 5 minutes.
Chocolate Mug Cake
- 3/4 cup Flour
- 1 cup Sugar (divided)
- 1/2 Orange (zested)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Salt
- 4 Eggs
- 2 1 1/3 cups chopped Dark Chocolate 1 1/3 cups chopped Dark Chocolate sticks Butter (softened) 1 1/3 cups chopped Dark Chocolate
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- Brandied Cherries (for garnish)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, 3/4 cup sugar, orange zest, salt and eggs.
- Melt the butter and chocolate together in a glass bowl in the microwave or over a double boiler.
- Whisk the melted chocolate mixture in the flour just until combined. Divide the batter between 6 small coffee mugs. Microwave for 1-2 minutes depending on your microwave wattage.
- Meanwhile, whisk the heavy cream until frothy. Add the remaining sugar and continue to whisk until medium-stiff peaks form. Garnish cakes with whipped cream and brandied cherry to serve.