Chocolate Pound Cake
Sierra Mist's Cranberry Chocolate Bundt Cake
- For the Pound Cake:
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips (melted and cooled)
- 2 tablespoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Zest
- 1 teaspoon Lime Zest
- 1 1/2 cups softened Unsalted Butter
- 3 cups Sugar
- 5 large Eggs
- 2 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
- 3/4 cup Sierra Mist Cranberry Splash
For the Chocolate Cranberry Sauce:
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 12 ounces Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- 1/4 cup Cranberry Juice
- For the Pound Cake: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and lightly flour a 10" Bundt pan. Melt chocolate in a double boiler, allow to cool and add vanilla extract, lemon, and lime zest. Using an electric mixer on medium speed, cream the butter and sugar in a large bowl for 3 minutes, or until fluffly. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add cooled chocolate mixture and stir until combined. Add the flour and cocoa powder in thirds, alternating with the Sierra Mist Cranberry Splash, beating after each addition until smooth.
- Pour the batter into prepared pan and back 70-80 minutes until golden brown, or a cake tester inserted into center of cake comes out clean. Let cake cool in pan for 20 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
- For the Chocolate Cranberry Sauce: In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar, butter, water, and heavy cream. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture comes to a full boil. Let mixture boil for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and immediately add the chocolate chips. Quickly mix with a wire whisk until smooth. Stir in cranberry juice and mix to fully incorporate. Pour warm mixture over pound cake and serve immediately.