The combination of ginger ale and fresh ginger will give these tender carrots a hefty dose of flavor.
Ginger Glazed Carrots
- 1 1/2 pounds Baby Carrots (peeled and trimming the greens; leaving about 1 inch of the green tops)
- Olive Oil
- Salt and freshly cracked Black Pepper
- 2 Oranges (zested and juiced; divided)
- 2 smashed cloves Garlic
- 1/2 cup Ginger Ale
- 1 tablespoon Ginger (finely minced)
- 1/4 cup chopped Hazelnuts (toasted)
- 1/4 cup chopped Parsley (divided)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. In a large bowl, toss the carrots with 4 to 5 tablespoons of the olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Zest the orange over the carrots, squeeze the juice, add the garlic cloves and toss to coat.
- Put the carrots out into a large saute pan that has been heating over medium high heat. Arrange in an even layer. Pour in the ginger ale and cook the carrots on the stove top until they begin to color, and then transfer to the oven and cook for about 25 to 30 minutes, or until fork tender.
- Once the carrots are cooked and the glaze is reduced, remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together the remaining orange zest, juice, ginger, hazelnuts, parsley, salt and pepper. Garnish the carrots with the hazelnut mixture.