Spicy Gluten-Free Pasta
Goat Cheese Pasta with Sweet and Spicy Peppers
- For the Pasta:
- 2 Red Bell Peppers
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 pound Gluten-Free Corn Spaghetti
- 1/2 cup Hazelnuts (toasted plus 1/3 cup chopped for garnish)
- 1 chopped Garlic clove
- 1 cup Goat Cheese (room temperature)
For the Crazy Herb Oil:
- 3 Jalapenos (sliced thinly)
- 3 Serrano Chilis (sliced thinly)
- 2 Fresno Chilis (sliced thinly)
- 3 finely chopped Garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon Red Chili Flakes
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup chopped Basil
- 1/4 cup chopped Parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped Mint
- For the Pasta: Preheat the oven on broil. Toss the bell peppers with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place on a sheet tray and broil until well charred. Rotate every few minutes so all sides are charred evenly. Remove the skins and seeds and discards.
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil and season generously with salt, so that it tastes like the ocean. Cook the pasta one minute less than the package instructions.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, pulse the hazelnuts, roasted peppers, garlic and goat cheese together. Drizzle in the olive oil and pulse until smooth. Put the goat cheese mixture into a large bowl and add about 1/2 cup of pasta water. Whisk until combined.
- Add the pasta to the bowl and toss to combine. Add more liquid if the sauce needs to be loosened. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Drizzle with the crazy herb oil.
- For the Crazy Herb Oil: In a small pan, add about a tablespoon of olive oil and saute the jalapenos, serranos, fresnos and garlic together. Add the chili flakes and season with salt and pepper. Add the oil and let cook for a minute. Let steep for a few minutes, then add the fresh herbs.