Oatmeal Cookies with Ricotta and Coconut
Olivia Newton John's Oatmeal Cookies
- 2 cups Rolled Oats
- 1 cup Shredded Coconut
- 6 ounces chopped pitted dried Dates
- 1 cup Ricotta Cheese
- 1/3 cup Golden Syrup
- 3 free range Eggs
- 1/4 cup cold-pressed Oil of your choice
- 2 large ripe mashed Bananas
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Combine the oats, coconut and dates in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the ricotta cheese, golden syrup, eggs, oil and mashed banana until well combined. Add to the dry ingredients and stir well until the mixture holds together – if it is crumbly, add a little water, a small amount at a time, stirring well after each addition.
- Drop 1 tablespoonful of the mixture at a time onto the prepared sheet, leaving enough room for spreading between each one. Use a fork to flatten the mixture slightly. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the tray for 10 minutes, before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. The oatmeal cookies can be stored in an airtight container for up to 10 days.