Fennel and Rosemary Roasted Potatoes
Carla Hall's Pan Roast Sweet and Yukon Gold Potatoes, Bermuda Onions, Parsnips, Whole Garlic, and Rosemary
- 3 large Yukon Gold Potatoes (peeled)
- 2 large Yams or Sweet Potatoes (peeled)
- 4 large Bermuda Onions (Red Onions)
- 4 large Parsnips (peeled and cut into chunks)
- 16 Garlic cloves (whole and unpeeled)
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Thyme or several fresh sprigs
- 2 teaspoons whole Fennel Seed
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Rosemary or a large fresh sprig
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Peel the yukon gold potatoes and the sweet potatoes, and cut into large chunks. Peel onions and cut into large wedges.
- Toss potatoes, onions, parsnips, garlic cloves, thyme, fennel seed, rosemary, and olive oil in a roasting pan large enough to hold everything in a single layer. Do not overcrowd the pan.
- Roast on the top rack of the preheated oven, stirring occasionally until brown and crispy and the potatoes are tender, 45 minutes to an hour. Test the potatoes with a fork to assess the doneness. When done, season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.