Michael's Poached Jumbo Shrimp
- 1 cup White Wine
- 2 tablespoons Salt
- 10 Black Peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons Mustard Seeds
- 2 tablespoons Coriander Seeds
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2 Shallots (cut in half)
- 1 head of Garlic (sliced horizontally)
- 1 Lemon (juiced)
- 1 Lime (juiced)
- 2 pounds Jumbo Shrimp (shelled; deveined; and tails on)
- In a large dutch oven, bring about 3 quarts of water to a boil. Add the white wine, salt, peppercorns, mustard seeds, coriander, bay leaf, shallots and garlic. Squeeze in the lemon and lime.
- Bring back to a boil and then reduce to a simmer, letting reduce for about 5 minutes. Add the shrimp and let cook one minute.
- Take off the heat, cover and let continue cooking for another 2 minutes, or until the shrimp are opaque and pink. Remove from the liquid and put on a tray to cool in the fridge.