Jalapeno-Grapefruit Marinated Scallops
Mario Batali's Raw Bay Scallops with Grapefruit and Jalapenos
- 10 ounces fresh Bay Scallops
- 1/2 Fennel Bulb (cored and very thinly cut; fronds reservedfor garnish)
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- 1 Grapefruit (zested and juiced)
- 1 Jalapeno (seeded and finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup best quality Olio Nuovo (first-pressed Extra Virgin Olive Oil; plus more for drizzling)
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly ground Black Pepper
- Place the scallops in a large bowl with the fennel. Add the lemon juice, grapefruit zest and juice, jalapenos, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Gently toss until well combined.
- Place 7 to 8 scallops on 4 chilled dinner plates. Divide the salad evenly among the 4 plates. To serve, top each salad with a fennel fronds and drizzle each plate with a little more olive oil.