Sweet Potato Soup with Ginger and Sherry
Terry Wolf and Ted Tinling's Sweet Potato Soup
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 2 teaspoons chopped Ginger
- 2 teaspoons chopped Garlic
- 1/3 cup chopped Shallots
- 1/4 cup Dry Sherry
- 4 1/2 cups diced Sweet Potatoes
- 3 cups Chicken Broth
- 2 teaspoons Sugar
- 3/4 cup Half and Half
- Honey Almonds (chopped for garnish)
- White Truffle Oil (optional garnish)
- Add butter to large pot or dutch oven. Add ginger, garlic and shallots to pot and cook for a few minutes. Deglaze pan with sherry. Add sweet potatoes, broth and sugar. Cover and simmer until potatoes are very tender, about 20 minutes.
- Puree mixture in blender or food processor, after cooling slightly. Let puree come to room temperature. Add half and half and stir to fully incorporate. If the soup is too thick, add some more broth.
- To serve, top with finely chopped honey almonds and drizzle of truffle oil.