Chocolate Covered Toffee
Clinton Kelly's Holiday Toffee
- 1 cup Butter
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup chopped Topping (i.e. toasted Hazelnuts; White Chocolate; Candy Canes; Sea Salt)
- 24 ounces Bittersweet Chocolate (chopped)
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with a silicone baking mat. Combine butter, sugar, water and salt in a medium-sized saucepan. Whisk until smooth, simmer caramel mixture until a candy thermometer reaches 300F. Immediately remove from heat and stir in vanilla to combine. Pour directly onto prepared pan and spread into an even thin layer with a spatula. Let toffee cool completely.
- Melt chocolate over a double boiler. Pour half of the chocolate over the cooled toffee. Place the pan in a refrigerator and let cool until the chocolate has set. Then, carefully flip over so that the toffee side of the bark is facing up. Pour the rest of the chocolate evenly over the toffee and then sprinkle with the chopped topping over the chocolate. Let cool until chocolate has completely set. Break into bite-sized pieces and enjoy!
Similar categories: Desserts