A classic holiday cookie with a twist.
Abby Freethy's Chocolate Raspberry Sparkles
- FOR THE WAFERS:
- 1 1/2 cup All Purpose flour
- 3/4 cup organic unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 3/4 sticks butter
- 4 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- FOR THE GANACHE AND FILLING:
- 18 ounce bitter sweet chocolate
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 6 ounce excellent raspberry preserves
- sparkly stars for decoration
- FOR THE GANACHE: Chop the chocolate.
- Heat cream to just about boiling, pour cream over chocolate and let stand 2 minutes then stir till smooth, cool.
- FOR THE WAFERS: Sift dry ingredients.
- Add butter and blend in and then add milk and vanilla and mix till dough comes together.
- Kneed on table till smooth. Roll into 1 1/2 inch tube in parchment and chill at least one hour.
- Slice in 1/8 inch rounds and place on baking sheet lined with parchment or silpat. Bake at 350 about 7 minutes.
- Allow to cool and then fill with ganache on one half and raspberry preserves on the other and sandwich together. Push wafers together just until the fillling starts to peek out. Decorate with stars.