A delightful English scone for the holidays!
Buckland Manor's Scones
- 3 cups Flour
- 3 cups Self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon caster sugar (plus more for sprinkling)
- 6 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 pound plus 1 tablespoon butter
- Pinch of salt
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups yogurt
- 1 tablespoon water
- Mix together in the mixing bowl dry items with soft butter. When mixed it should appear like bread crumbs.
- Beat 5 eggs with yogurt. Add to mixing bowl with dry ingredients.
- Put the mixture onto flat surface dusted with flour. Roll the dough to a depth of 3cm. Cut out scones. Whisk together last egg and water in a small bowl. Brush mixture on each scone and sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Cook in oven at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes.