A tasty cupcake treat!
Carla Hall's Coconut Snowballs
- 24 Cupcakes (cooled; any flavor of your favorite recipe)
For the Coconut Frosting:
- 32 ounces Cream Cheese (room temperature)
- 4 tablespoons Unsalted Butter (room temperature)
- 1 1/2 cups Confectioners' Sugar
- 2 teapsoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Coconut Extract
- 5 cups Shredded Coconut
- Prepare 24 of your favorite cupcakes. Remove cupcake liner from cakes.
- For the Coconut Frosting: Using an electric hand mixer, cream together cream cheese, butter and sugar. Add extracts and combine.
- Place frosting into a pastry bag. Frost top and sides of each cupcake. Insert skewer into top of cupcake. Hold and invert to frost bottom of cupcake.
- Pour shredded coconut into shallow dish. Using the skewer, roll the cupcake in coconut and cover all sides.
- Place coconut covered cupcakes onto lined sheet tray and place in the freezer for 15 minutes to firm up frosting.