Entertain your holiday guests with a yummy taco bar!
Carla Hall's Grilled Pork Tenderloin Tacos
- 1 Pork Tenderloin
- 3 tablespoons Olive oil
- For the Rub:
- 2 tablespoons Ground Cumin
- 1 tablespoon Ground Coriander
- 2 tablespoons Ground Aleppo Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons Salt
- For the Tacos:
- Corn Tortillas
- Picked Red Onions
- Shredded Cabbage
- Radishes (thinly sliced)
- Cotija Cheese
- Sliced Avocado
- Lime Juice (for coating avocado)
- Salsa Verde (recipe follows)
- For the Salsa Verde:
- 5 Medium Tomatillos (husked and rinsed)
- 1 Jalapeno (roughly chopped)
- 1/4 cup Onion (finely minced)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (skin on)
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/3 cup Cilantro (finely chopped)
- Prepare the rub: Combine the cumin, coriander, garlic powder, aleppo, and salt in a small bowl. Rub a generous amount over tenderloin. Drizzle olive oil over tenderloin. Set aside.
- Prepare the salsa verde: Preheat broiler. On a foil covered sheet tray, place Tomatillo and Garlic cloves. Roast underneath the broiler until soft, splotchy and blackened in parts, about 5-10 minutes. Let cool, peel garlic, and then transfer to food processor. Add juice of one lime, salt, jalapeno, and puree. Check seasoning, adding more salt if needed, then transfer to bowl and stir in onion and cilantro.
- Prepare the pork: Preheat grill or grillpan to medium-high. Sear pork on all sides, then turn heat down to medium-low. Cook until the pork registers 160F, about 10 minutes. Remove and let rest.
- Prepare the taco accompaniments: Toss avocado in lime juice to prevent browning. Wrap groups of 8 tortillas in foil, and place in 350F oven for 4-5 minutes, just until soft, but not sticky.
- To serve, slice tenderloin into thin strips, then place into tortillas, topped with shredded cabbage, sliced radishes, red onions, cilantro, cotija cheese, sliced avocado, and salsa verde.