Try Carla's tasty groundnut stew! It's a perfect dish for Kwanzaa.
- step-by-step directions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (plus 1 tablespoon)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 2 cups peeled and cubed sweet potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups cooked small red beans
- 3 cups vegetable stock or broth
- 1 cup chopped red pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (14.5 oz. can) diced tomatoes
- 1 green or poblano chile roasted peeled (seeded and diced small)
- 1/2 habanero seeded and chopped finely (optional!)
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 lime (cut into wedges)
- 3 tablespoons dry roasted peanuts (chopped)
- In a sauté pan add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and cubed sweet potatoes. Season with salt and cook for 2-3 minutes until the potatoes begin to caramelized.
- In large pot, heat oil over medium heat and sauté onion and garlic until soft.
- Add sweet potatoes, beans, stock, peppers, chiles, tomatoes & spices. Bring to a boil, then cover and cook on low until vegetables are tender (about 35 – 40 minutes).
- Take 1/4 cup of the stew stock and place in a small bowl, add peanut butter and whisk smooth. Add mixture back into stew and stir.
- Serve stew in bowls sprinkle with chopped peanuts. At the table squeeze lime juice onto soup.
Double Decker Buffalo Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Spring Orzo Salad
Swiss Chard and Feta Turnovers
Donut Puffs with Coffee Mousse
Mint Salsa Verde Glazed Smoked Ham
Mint Salsa Verde
Green Bloody Mary with Mint Salsa Verde
Chocolate Biscuit Cake
Pork Sparerib Tortelloni with BBQ Butter Sauce
Chicken and Cornmeal Dumplings in Tomatoes
Lightened Up Squash Mac and Cheese
Chicken Kabobs with Greek Village Salad