Try Carla's tasty groundnut stew! It's a perfect dish for Kwanzaa.
- step-by-step directions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (plus 1 tablespoon)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 2 cups peeled and cubed sweet potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups cooked small red beans
- 3 cups vegetable stock or broth
- 1 cup chopped red pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (14.5 oz. can) diced tomatoes
- 1 green or poblano chile roasted peeled (seeded and diced small)
- 1/2 habanero seeded and chopped finely (optional!)
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 lime (cut into wedges)
- 3 tablespoons dry roasted peanuts (chopped)
- In a sauté pan add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and cubed sweet potatoes. Season with salt and cook for 2-3 minutes until the potatoes begin to caramelized.
- In large pot, heat oil over medium heat and sauté onion and garlic until soft.
- Add sweet potatoes, beans, stock, peppers, chiles, tomatoes & spices. Bring to a boil, then cover and cook on low until vegetables are tender (about 35 – 40 minutes).
- Take 1/4 cup of the stew stock and place in a small bowl, add peanut butter and whisk smooth. Add mixture back into stew and stir.
- Serve stew in bowls sprinkle with chopped peanuts. At the table squeeze lime juice onto soup.
Rock Shrimp and Egg Sandwich
Apple Tarte Tatin
Buttermilk Semifreddo with Candied Peaches
Cast-Iron Blueberry Cobbler
Green Chicken Enchiladas
Savory Breakfast Cauliflower Bake
Italian Egg Boat
Waffle Pies with Herbed Eggs
Chai Tea Oatmeal
Sausage Gravy and Bacon Biscuits