Try Carla's tasty groundnut stew! It's a perfect dish for Kwanzaa.
- step-by-step directions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (plus 1 tablespoon)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 2 cups peeled and cubed sweet potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups cooked small red beans
- 3 cups vegetable stock or broth
- 1 cup chopped red pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (14.5 oz. can) diced tomatoes
- 1 green or poblano chile roasted peeled (seeded and diced small)
- 1/2 habanero seeded and chopped finely (optional!)
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 lime (cut into wedges)
- 3 tablespoons dry roasted peanuts (chopped)
- In a sauté pan add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and cubed sweet potatoes. Season with salt and cook for 2-3 minutes until the potatoes begin to caramelized.
- In large pot, heat oil over medium heat and sauté onion and garlic until soft.
- Add sweet potatoes, beans, stock, peppers, chiles, tomatoes & spices. Bring to a boil, then cover and cook on low until vegetables are tender (about 35 – 40 minutes).
- Take 1/4 cup of the stew stock and place in a small bowl, add peanut butter and whisk smooth. Add mixture back into stew and stir.
- Serve stew in bowls sprinkle with chopped peanuts. At the table squeeze lime juice onto soup.
Chicken Kabobs with Greek Village Salad
Grilled Grouper with Key Lime Mango Salsa
Leftover Meat 'n' Potato Ravioli
Spicy Roasted Head of Cauliflower
Grilled Shrimp with Bacon Jam
Tropical Grilled Shrimp Salad
Capri-Style Vegetable Salad
Grilled Calamari Chopped Salad with Chickpeas, Olives & Salami
Grilled Swordfish With Mojo
Stephen Smith's Meaty Cheesy Lasagna
Fried Chicken Sandwich with Brussels Sprouts Slaw