Potato chips are much easier to make than you may think! Carla's recipe is so simple that anyone can do it! Give it a try yourself!
Sweet Potato Chips
- 3 sweet potatoes (well scrubbed)
- Kosher salt
- Peanut/Canola/or Vegetable oil (for frying)
- Using a mandoline or sharp knife, thinly slice potatoes to about 1/8-inch thick.
- Submerge potato slices into ice water and let soak for one hour, this will draw out the starches in the potato.
- In a heavy-bottomed pot, heat enough oil to come halfway up the sides. Heat oil to 350 degrees F.
- Drain and dry potato slices well, and fry until golden brown. Sprinkle with salt while hot.